.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Hairball

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Another day, another cougar


I'm a big cougar fan. Not of any sports teams, but the cat, although the first time I saw an actual cougar, it was a college mascot.

I'm sure I'd feel different about a wild cougar living in my back yard, but ones raised with humans are a completely different beasty. Lately, I have been lucky enough to get to babysit one. When I first met him, he was only 57 days old. I've been fortunate enough to foster cougar cubs before, but not one this young. Also, this baby was born into a conservation educational program, and is going to an educational program. Their last cougar was in his twenties when he died, so I expect this little guy to have a long and happy life. He loves people, I spent the night with him cuddled on my chest, while the caracal kitten charged around, wearing the rest of the cats out. Finally, she cuddled on my chest too. Bliss.


He is a very sweet baby. Those big soft paws pat your face when he want to let you know how much he loves you. He gives kisses too, both nibbles and licking. Who can look into big blue eyes like those and not lose their heart? And below, look at those spots! You could look right at this baby in the wild and never even see a whisker.Thanks to my friend Yvonne, who barely blinked as I shoved various toothy and clawed critters into her arms so I could get photographs.

You can click on the pics to see them larger. Remember, all photos are copyrighted. That means if you want to use them, you have to get my permission. Don't worry, I'm pretty nice, so long as you ask!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home