.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Hairball

Monday, October 03, 2005

The Hairball Returneth....

Well, I'm hardly posting a daily hairball. In fact, it's been so long since I've posted they have (yet again) changed the format of this blog. I'll have to spend some time checking things out, as I see you can direct post from Microword. Which I suppose would be a good idea, since I really need to do back up of some of these posts, as I'm kind of using it for notes for my book. That, and an easy way for my friends to see whats up with my wacky world of animals.

My last little kinkajou baby (see "It's a girl!") has gone to her new home. She was the funniest baby and I miss her, but I know her new family loves her. Still, she was a very difficult baby to give up.

On the really, really bad side, I lost the springhaas baby. They are difficult to raise, and I didn't manage it. It's the first baby I've lost like that, I did not take it well. These are very sweet, cute, funny little animals, and of course I had fallen madly in love with him. I did get to meet his older sister recently, pictures of her below. I hope I get a chance to raise another baby, I have a better idea now I've seen an older one. I was worried that Jack-Jack was underweight somehow, but after seeing his healthy older sister, I realize he was fine. It was just that Jou-jou, the kinkajou girl, was a total pudge. Kinkajous are stocky animals, and Jou-jou was the only baby I've had with a double chin! OK, she wasn't quite that bad, but she was a bit plump. Springhaas on the other hand are built much lighter, you can feel all their bones. The wallaby joeys feel skinny to me after raising kinkajous, but at least I know that. I hope I get the chance to raise another springhaas, I talked to the breeder about some ideas, he seemed to think they would work, so if he gives me another chance, I'll give it a try. I guess they pretty much take constant attention, I can do that, I have it set up so I can monitor the babies constantly while I work.

Hmm, clicked the wrong thing and lost most of this post. Guess it didn't need to be said. Pictures being worth yadda yadda:

Just click on the pic to bring it up full sized.

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 PM  

  • If this idiot had read the blog, he would have figured out I'm more likely to use the deer hunting equipment on HIM. Stupid spammers.

    By Blogger Renae Winters, at 3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home